Let me preface all my thoughts by first saying
I do not prescribe to the concept of God most people do. However, the idea that
a god could create itself out of the fodder of the universe is a leap I am
willing to make.
I was on the beach where I grew up,
right next to where N.A.S.A launches its shuttles. It was a January night and I
was feeling very spread thin so I decided to go by myself into the ocean. I
believe that being cold is very important, it is a backdrop for the sensation
of comfort after you warm up, and it also forces you to face the discomfort
before. I jumped in and swam around the dark water for a while then got out and
started walking. The cloud covered moon shined down as always for its small but
captive audience who consisted of me, all the ghost crabs, feral cats and
anything else that was out. I walked by the houses lining the dunes and from a
distance could see the flashes of blue barely escaping the windows. I started
thinking about all those gaped mouths and gazed eyes who actually thought they
were on the receiving end of that transaction. They were busy with their distractions
but If they knew I was out there they would have felt uneasy. Most people out
as late as I was did not go out there just to explore a place where night still
existed. But I was not hurting anyone, and of course neither were the people
hiding behind the blue flashes. It’s not about right or wrong, it’s just about
what is, the tendencies of the universe which have allowed a certain entity to
snow ball its self assembly, using the fodder that surrounds it.
Being
stuck in one town fulfilling my obligations to myself and parents by earning a
college degree I too own a TV. My TV is
always waiting for me to sit down so it can watch me. I think the only reason
it watches me is because I help it grow, it lures me in there by promising
something shiny, if I bite then it slowly starts to siphon away my mind. I’m
not entirely sure what it does with the parts it gets but I know that it
usually takes a decent amount. I believe it uses the stolen brain real estate
to feed itself. It sets up shop right in my head and I go out and interact with
everyone else in a delicately composed orchestra in the aim to make it
stronger. Everyone else is right there with me, helping me, we work together to
feed the shiny deity.
I really like the reversal in which the TV is watching him.
ReplyDelete